You will be joining an existing team of 8 software installer working across France, Spain and Algeria.
This role is ideal for a Software Field Service engineer or IT Engineer who has been ideally working within Medical/Radiotherapy environment or in any other industry with few years of experience in Field Service or IT with facing customer experience.
- You are in charge for REMOTE tasks or ON-SITE tasks, and this could change on a daily basis! No average day in this job!
- When you will be assigned to a “ON SITE mission”, it will be most of the time from 1 to 5 days typically.
- Expect few hours per week for administrative tasks (Timecards, Work Orders, On-Line Trainings, Technical reading, documentation update, technical data update, travels organization, etc...)
- Typical missions:
- SW (ARIA/Eclipse) Data Base tests upgrade and clinical Data Base upgrades + Varian Application deployment for Radiotherapy department users
- SW licenses update
- SW Installations (may involve unpacking workstations and installing them physically then deploying SWs on them). Can be complete installation of Servers rack + power supply + switch + keyboard/console + backup system + servers.
- Site preparation with customers (Active Directory or Network configuration), REMOTE or ON SITE
- Your biggest challenge is to be able to manage a complex clinical Database upgrade of a Radiotherapy Department technically wise on site facing stressful situation with difficult customers including acceptance tests and having to adapt themselves and their agenda/technical tasks to any unexpected event in order to reach the clinical upgrade deadline agreed with customer (treatment go live).
Qualifications and attributes:
- Willing to travel for about 75% to 80% of the time mainly in SPAIN with possible travels/missions outside SPAIN in all EMEA plus North Africa including Maghreb.
- Practical knowledge in computer Architecture (Intel based). Profound knowledge of Windows based operating systems: Windows XP/Windows 7/Windows 10, Windows Server 2008/2012/2016. Understanding of Relational Database Management Systems and SQL Tools in conjunction with a SYBASE database and preferably a MSSQL database. Profound knowledge of IT Networking,
- Field Service or Installation experience or IT experience preferably.
- Flexible and able to sustain STRESSFULL situations facing customers.
- You are able to reach tight deadline, result oriented and have a great customer service skills.
- Fluent in Spanish and English and French, Portuguese or Spanish is consider as an asset.
- You have a computer science degree or similar and you are focus on IT software
- Very hands-on role and must be able to mount servers into racks, replace basic parts of computers like Hard disks, video cards, Network switches, backup systems, etc. but also, must be handy and ready to open boxes on site and install systems from scratch.
Worplace in: Barcelona.