The i2CAT Foundation is a research and innovation centre which promotes mission-oriented R+D+i activities on advanced Internet architectures, applications and services. The centre stands up for a new open innovation framework, fostering the collaboration between companies, public administration, the academic environment and end-users.
i2CAT has a wide experience in multiple national and European R+D+i projects, leading research lines in new fixed & mobile network architectures, wireless sensor networks, and content-based multimedia technologies.
Our Software Engineering Group at i2CAT is a highly motivated, cooperative and fun loving team of software developers that thrive on solving challenging problems with innovative solutions. As part of the team, you will be working with different technologies and frameworks, focusing in the different areas where i2CAT is developing its activity: Networking, eHealth, Smart cities and Media applications.
What do we offer?
- A unique experience working in the sunny Barcelona within an international, dynamic and growing organization.
- Located in Zona Universitària with great connections with metropolitan public transport and easy access by car.
- Multidisciplinary and multicultural environment
- Be in contact with leading edge technology
- Competitive fix + variable salary
- Option of salary in kind (flexible retribution)
- 25 free working days per year
- 2 tele-work days per month
- Fridays afternoon off
- Intensive summer work schedule
- Flexible working schedule
The i2CAT Foundation seeks to increase the number of women in those areas where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages women to apply.
The i2CAT Foundation is committed to increasing the number of individuals with disabilities in its workforce and therefore encourages applications from such qualified individuals.
- Bachelor in Computer Science, related technical field or equivalent work experience.
- Front-End Software Engineer enthusiast with 3+ years of experience.
- Web developer who has a solid knowledge of HMTL and CSS.
- Pro who stays on top of current and emerging web standards.
- Self-motivated problem solver with a strong eye for detail.
- Someone looking to show off his or her React and Node.js skills with 2+ years of experience. Redux is a plus.
- Bonus experience with rest frameworks: Jest, Mocha, Karma, Protractor, TDD
- Explorer with the ability to prototype is a plus.
- Experience mentoring developers and being a code lead preferred.
Experience with unit testing preferred