We are currently seeking engineers and scientists in various technical fields to work as European Patent Examiners in Munich and The Hague.
What we offer:
- the opportunity to acquaint yourself with the latest inventions and to enable innovation.
- intellectual challenges and empowerment through professional development.
- the chance to work with inspiring people from various different cultures.
- a competitive salary and an excellent social package. The net (basic) monthly salary* for this vacancy ranges from EUR 5 500 to 7 800, depending on experience. In addition, depending on their personal circumstances, EPO staff may be entitled to relocation benefits and various allowances (e.g. household, dependant's, childcare, education, expatriation, installation and rent allowance).
- Master's degree (or equivalent) in engineering, physics, chemistry or natural sciences.
- Good working knowledge of at least two of our official languages (English, French and German) and the willingness to learn the third.
- Work experience in industry would be advantageous.
- Citizenship of one of the 38 member states of the European Patent Organisation.
- German (Fluent)
- Min : 5500
- Max : 7800
- The deadline for applications is 16 July 2018.
- Salary: net (basic) monthly salary* for this vacancy: EUR 5 500 to 7 800, depending on experience
- Duration of appointment: 5 years
- Career path: technical
- Application deadline: 16.07.2018
- Location: Munich and The Hague
For more information about the technical fields in which we currently have vacancies, please apply online.
Apply now for our selection events
Our next selection events will take place in The Hague from 15 to 19 October and in Munich from 22 to 26 October.
The EPO is an equal opportunities employer and supports workforce diversity as a signatory to the Diversity Charter (Charta der Vielfalt) since 2010.
All applications for vacant positions will be welcomed and considered on the professional merits of the applicant against the role profile for the position regardless of nationality, ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, parental responsibilities, age, religion or belief.
After deduction of EPO internal tax and before deduction of staff contributions to the social-security and pension schemes. The salary range depends on experience.