Spring Professional is looking for a Big Data Engineer for our client Schibsted Spain. Yo will be hired directly by the client.
Your general mission will be:
- Be a part in our project of building the Schibsted Spain's centralized data source (DataSwamp & DataLake) and the company's Data Warehouse that will feed from it, consolidating data from our different sites: Infojobs, Fotocasa, Vibbo, Milanuncios, Coches.net, Motos.net, Habitaclia...
- Implement, automate & optimize data pipelines, both batch daily extractions and realtime streaming, to feed our data source in S3.
- Provide the department with tools to query our data repository in an easy & fast way.
- Help Schibsted Spain taking data-driven decisions to empower & improve our customer's experience.
And you also have the following skills:
- Amazon Web Services. Specifically, deploying EMR clusters, ingesting data from/to S3 FileSystem, querying Redshift...
- Good programming skills with Python & Java.
- Knowledge of SQL querying. Expertise in multiple DBs (PostgreSQL, SQLServer...) & query optimization will be a plus.
- Good scripting skills to request API REST datasets, schedule queries...
- Big Data-related tools: Spark, Kafka consumers, Sqoop... Expertise in Spark transformations will be a plus.
- Continuous Integration & automation (Jenkins)
- Version control (GitHub)
- Having been involved in other Big Data and/or Business Intelligence projects.
- VMs (Docker).
- Data visualization tools & dashboards: Zeppelin, Qlik...
- Scrum & Jira tool
Join their team!
What Scihbsted offer:
- Permanent contract, Full time position
- To be part of a company, with an excellent working environment and modern and creative offices
- Working with the best professionals in a leading company
- Opportunities for development and growth within the company and the international group
- Flexible working hours 8-10h / 17-19h (Fridays afternoon off)
- Intensive workday during summer months and Easter
- Attractive remuneration according to your experience.
- Macbook pro or dell laptop