We are seeking uncommon and elite innovators who possess both the development skills and business acumen to operate at a hyper-fast and accurate speed. Our rapid innovation team is responsible for using the latest, cutting edge technologies to combine any and all global data, software, and services to create innovative concepts and solutions that will help our customers gain a competitive edge in the digital world.
The Solera Global Data & Content team is looking for a Hadoop Architect to contribute to GD&C team initiatives by helping design, implement, and provide ongoing support of the Global Hadoop data platforms. We are looking for an exceptional engineer passionate about enabling data for consumption across our organization.
How You'd Make an Impact:
- Big Data Expert & Talented Software Engineer. Extensive experience working with Hadoop ecosystems and related big data technologies (Spark, Kafka, Solr, Spark SQL, Sqoop, Microservices, Pivotal Cloud Foundry, etc.) You will work with the latest and greatest technologies, and must be able to quickly adapt to new environments. You must be an expert in both dynamically and statically typed languages. We use Scala, Java 8, and Node.js.
- Cross-Functional and Able to Tackle Any Environment. You are an expert when it comes to data structure design and optimization, as well as data sourcing, cleansing, and normalization. You are able to jump into other architectural roles where needed. You don't fit a cookie-cutter, job description - your diverse background and deep understanding of engineering fundamentals & best practices allow you to contribute to the team by any means necessary.
- Hands-On Leader. You understand that architecture is a hands-on craft; you want to write solid code and build IT. You have a knack for finding solutions that reduce efforts for the rest of the team and are obsessed with streamlining development and operations.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 6+ years of recent experience being a hands-on developer & architect
- Experience with Hadoop 2.0
- Experience with Microservice architecture
- Ideally has exposure to working within a greenfield environment/startup
- Experience working in an agile environment
- You understand architecture is a hands-on craft; you want to write code and build IT
Core (80) Experience:
- Expert in relational, document, and graph databases, as well as modern persistency mechanisms (e.g. Hadoop)
- Hands-on Experience with our tech stack (Hadoop 2.0, Spark, Kafka, Solr, Spark SQL, Sqoop, Microservices, Pivotal Cloud Foundry, etc.)
- Expert level software developer (Java, Scala, JVM)
- Previous experience with transforming and merging large data feeds
- Exceptional ability to design and document data structures and relationships
- Comfortable with interfacing with internal and external resources for data and discovery; existing contact network (within Solera) a plus
- Expert understanding of agile change management for databases and structures
- Startup developer mindset
- Has been in charge of technology for at least one product in the past
- Clear understanding of the differences in production and development needs; ability of compromising between the two.
- Documentation, transparency, knowledge transfer focus
- Experience with one or more Solera customer verticals preferred
- Competitive salary & solid benefits (How does free restaurant tickets & medical insurance sound?).
- Flexible working hours & fun, relaxed office. International working environment (Over 20 nationalities based in Madrid).
- Being part of a digital transformation working with cutting edge technologies.
- Free coffee & (Mostly) Healthy Snacks.
- Highly collaborative environment & connected team
Territory: Alcobendas (Madrid).