The i2CAT Foundation is a research and innovation centre which promotes mission-oriented R+D+i activities on advanced Internet architectures, applications and services. The centre stands up for a new open innovation framework, fostering the collaboration between companies, public administration, the academic environment and end-users.
i2CAT has a wide experience in multiple national and European R+D+i projects, leading research lines in new fixed & mobile network architectures, wireless sensor networks, and content-based multimedia technologies.
Our Software Engineering Group at i2CAT is a highly motivated, cooperative and fun loving team of software developers that thrive on solving challenging problems with innovative solutions. As part of the team, you will be working with different technologies and frameworks, focusing in the different areas where i2CAT is developing its activity: Networking, eHealth, Smart cities and Media applications.
As a Back-End Software Engineer, you will be responsible for developing machine-to-machine APIs and interfaces for Front-End applications. Moreover any kind of integrations between APIs of many types like REST. The successful candidate will develop high volume, critical and core Back-End applications, set and enforce best practices for software development, and work with Front-End developers and quality assurance to build and test solutions.
What do we offer?
- A unique experience working in the sunny Barcelona within an international, dynamic and growing organization.
- Located in Zona Universitària with great connections with metropolitan public transport and easy access by car.
- Multidisciplinary and multicultural environment.
- Be in contact with leading edge technology.
- Fix + variable salary.
- Option of salary in kind (flexible retribution).
- 25 free working days per year.
- 2 tele-work days per month.
- Fridays afternoon off.
- Intensive summer work schedule
- Flexible working schedule.
The i2CAT Foundation seeks to increase the number of women in those areas where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages women to apply.
The i2CAT Foundation is committed to increasing the number of individuals with disabilities in its workforce and therefore encourages applications from such qualified individuals.
- Demonstrable experience working with Java and/or Python or any other modern Back-End language
- Experience with Python related technologies
- Experience with Java EE and the following technologies:
- log4j or any other logging framework
- Experience working with Maven/Gradle or similar build tools
- Experience with Spring/Hibernate
- Knowledge of Application Servers like WildFly/JBoss, Apache Tomcat or similar
- SQL databases (MySQL, MariaDB, PostgreSQL, etc.)
- Non-SQL databases (MongoDB, etc.)
- Knowledge of networking (TCP/IP stack, subnetting, etc.)
- Version control systems (Git/subversion)
- Experience with SDN/NFV platforms like OpenDaylight, ONOS, Open Source MANO, etc.
- Experience with Cloud platforms (OpenStack, EC2, Azure)
- Experience with:
- Continuous integration tools
- Quality control/assurance
- Testing frameworks (JUnit)
- Experience with Agile methodologies (SCRUM, Kanban)
- Passion to learn new technologies
- Experience in producing good technical designs and test plans
- Experience in producing accurate effort estimations
- Customer orientation
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing