We are opening challenging opportunities for international experienced professionals to work in Brussels for EU projects at the European Commission.
These are two year long term contracts to live and work in Brussels.
Overall profile tasks:
- Daily operational team management
- Planning management
- Activities tracking against the plan, provide regular and accurate reports
- Provide effective leadership for the operational team, ensuring that team members are motivated and constantly developing their skills and experience
- Apply RUP Methodology and enforce project standards
- Reporting to EC officials
- Depending on the circumstances, the expert may be requested to provide assistance or support in the resolution of production issues.
Knowledge and skills:
- Knowledge of Unified Modelling Language (UML) is required.
- Practical experience with RUP methodology and the system development lifecycle is a must.
- Good knowledge of J2EE, application servers, XML and web services technology.
- Knowledge of Rational Team Concert or similar collaborative source-control products.
- In depth knowledge of IT systems infrastructure matters.
- Experience with cross-project coordination on software project involving interoperability would be an advantage.
- Business knowledge of the Grant Management domain would be an advantage.
- Ability to participate in multi-lingual meetings (FR-EN), good communicator and negotiator.
- Fluent in English, knowledge of French will be an asset.
- Rapid self-starting capability and experience in team working.
- Good reporting methods.
Education and experience:
- Minimum 14 years of relevant studies and professional experience after the secondary school.
- Minimum 10 years of Experience in the management of IT projects.
- Oracle 11g
- Oracle WebLogic Server 12
- Java 7 / JEE 6 environment and standards
- Enterprise Architect
- UML Modelling and RUP Methodology
- XML, XSLT, FOP, PL/SQL, JAVA scripts, EJB 3.x, JUNIT, ANT scripts, UNIX, ECLIPSE, SOA, Vaadin, JQuery/Angular JS.