Cognizant's Quality Engineering & Assurance (QE&A) is an independent business unit within Cognizant, offering a comprehensive suite of assurance services spanning QA consulting, quality engineering, environment management, and digital QA across industry domains such as BFSI, Publishing and Education, Information and Media, Retail, Consumer Goods, Manufacturing, Logistics, Energy & Utilities, Life Sciences and Technology across 31 countries.
Cognizant pioneered the concept of a practice dedicated to independent quality assurance in 2001. Since then, the practice has grown organically to more than 31,000 professionals, making it one of the world's largest providers of QA services. Today, more than 650 clients trust Cognizant QE&A with their QA needs. What's more, we're ranked amongst the top performing and fastest growing companies in the world.
In our QE&A team, we are looking for a senior associate (5-7 years of experience)wot work within our QA international teams.
- IT related degree or equivalent working experience in J2EE and web environments, in order to be able to fully understand the system architecture and technologies of the platforms.
- Native/bilingual Spanish. High level of English. Understanding of other Spanish regional languages.
- Experience and knowledge of basic web technologies, at least HTML/CSS, SOAP, REST, basic understanding of HTTP protocol, and basic web security concepts.
- ISTQB testing certification is valuable.
- Basic SQL knowledge to verify test results and prepare particular scenarios.
- Basic Linux experience, to be able to connect to remote systems via ssh console and review logs, run scripts, restart services, etc.
- Develop and run automated functional regression tests (selenium/java/junit and Soap UI).
- Prepare, run and analyze load tests (JMeter) for the most relevant changes.
- Some experience in JIRA or similar ticketing system.
- Some experience using SVN or similar version control system.
We need our QA analysts to assume the following responsibilities on a day-to-day basis (we tend to release several times per week):
- Understand the technical and functional impact of the changes to be included in every release, what component is being changed, reading the change descriptions logged in JIRA and, if part of a wider project, reading high level technical and functional spec documentation.
- Be able to comment and add functional insight to the change description (ie. cases that may have been missed by the analyst), before the change is developed.
- Prepare a detailed test plan for each release according to the impact of the release, including functional and non-functional tests, and also decide which functional regression tests (automated and manual) should be included.
- Decide what part of the test plan should be added to the general regression test plan, and therefore be automated before the next release.
- Decide what part of the test plan should be run as post-deployment to production validation tests
- Prepare test scenarios in our testing and production environments, changing configurations, uploading content, creating accounts, etc.
- Execute test plan in the testing environment.
- Log test plan run in testing management tool (testlink).
- Log detected issues in JIRA.
- Formally recommend to the team whether a release should go to production (fully satisfies requirements, minor issues, does not fully satisfy requirements but improves current behavior/performance) or needs to be rolled back (in case it breaks critical functionality/performance).
- During deployment to production, run validation tests and automated regression tests after deployment to passive nodes and also after deployment to active nodes.