We are seeking for a Project Manager_EU Projects in Brussels.
Description of the tasks:
- Support and advise Project Managers in managing the implementation of information systems to meet identified business needs, acquiring and utilising the necessary resources and skills, within agreed parameters of cost, timescales, and quality.
- Give proposals for project strategies, planning, definition of tasks and deliverables, review of project deliverables, quality control, risk analysis and management, status reports, problem reporting and management systems, follow up and organisation.
- Support and advise Project Managers in guiding the teams in charge of project activities and reviewing their deliverables.
- Participate in functional working groups and progress meetings.
- Support and advise Project Managers in estimating costs, timescales and resource requirements for the successful completion of each project to agreed terms of reference.
- Prepare and maintain project and quality plans and tracks activities against the plan, provide regular and accurate reports.
- Support and advise Project Managers in monitoring costs, timescales and resources used, and take action where these deviate from agreed tolerances. Ensure that delivered systems are implemented within these criteria.
- Manage the change control procedure gaining agreement for revisions to the project from project sponsors.
- Support and advise Project Managers in providing effective leadership for the project team ensuring that team members are motivated and constantly developing their skills and experience.
- Support and advise Project Managers in navigating the corporate project management and software development methodologies.
Required specific expertise:
- Good technical knowledge on the project aspects
- Experience with quality procedures (e.g. ISO 10006:2003)
- Good reporting methods
- Ability to give presentations
- Ability to apply high quality standards to all tasks
- Ability to participate in multi-lingual meetings, good communication skills
- Capability of working in an international/multi-cultural environment, rapid self-starting and experience in working in team, understanding the needs, objectives and constraints of those in other disciplines and functions
- Leadership capability
- Very good command of English
- Minimum 6 years of experience with a project management methodology (e.g. Prince2, PMBOK, PM²)
- Minimum 6 years of experience with a software development process methodology (e.g. RUP, Scrum)
- Your profile: Minimum 6 years of professional experience as a project manager