We are looking for under the supervision of the Unified Communications Unit Head, The Linux-SMTP Consultancy Services.
- Act as a subject matter expert and advisor on best practices and efficient solutions, supporting the Email Relay and Email Security infrastructure based on Proofpoint and Postfix.
- Provide input on the design, and support the Email Relay configuration, administration and installation (when applicable).
- Perform postfix administration and maintenance
- Implement industry standards.
- Monitor postfix servers to facilitate proper performance and perform diagnostics as needed.
- Help formulate a plan of action for systems that fall out of the appropriate operating guidelines.
- Create documentation and develop training plans for end-users and other support teams for Messaging solutions.
- Evaluate and recommend upgrades or enhancements to the current messaging environment consisting of (but not limited to) Postfix and Proofpoint.
- Participate in the “on-call” roster (for support outside of working hours).
- Formal Education:
- Degree in Computer Engineering or equivalent.
- Experience and Skills:
- Five years of technical experience working with messaging systems running on Linux/Unix.
- Strong knowledge of Linux/Unix systems administration (Redhat preferred), including shell scripting.
- Sound understanding of SMTP.
- Strong knowledge of Postfix.
- Experience working with messaging perimeter security systems on the cloud, Proofpoint preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Nagios and Nagvis.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written form.
- Ability to write reports and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from a wide variety of audiences.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize work and work with minimum supervision.
- English High Level.