BETWEEN TECHNOLOGY is a multinational consulting firm that has advanced technological capabilities in the field of engineering and ICT. Our services reach all continents and cover various fields of the world economy, industry and service companies.
BETWEEN currently has a team of 350 people working in the fields of automotive, aerospace, railway, Oil & Gas, retail, world of sports, education, etc.
Currently we are looking for a BI Developer to work on a long-term project in one of our major clients.
The Business Intelligence Developer will be part of the Business Intelligence Team developing business projects and assisting in the different procedures that ensure smooth functioning of business. The BI developer will provide back & front-end technological skillset team complementing the current team skillset with Microsoft Business Intelligence technologies.
The BI Developer will be involved in the project right from the analysis of the business requirements to timely completion and implementation of the project. Even as the project comes into practice, the BI Developer is required to maintain reports pertaining to different classification of the process.
Along with back-end knowledge of different application and software, the BI Developer exercises independent judgment within generally defined policies and practices to identify and select a solution. Ability to handle most unique situations. May seek advice in order to make decisions on complex business issues. Must possess interpersonal and communication skills to co-ordinate with the different sections involved.
- Incubate, enable& growth the Microsoft BI environment into the WW GSS BI team technological portfolio.
- Establish and maintain Data Model solutions that describes how data is processed, stored, and utilized.
- Develop data controls / governance strategy to ensure consistency of data between various systems and components.
- Provide advice and present on solutions for business intelligence and data warehousing activities including reporting, data analysis for stakeholders at different levels within the organization.
- Design solutions and contribute to other design activities.
- Applies in-depth or broad technical knowledge to maintain multiple technology areas.
- Participates in cross-functional teams.
- Develops innovative team solutions to complex problems.
- Teamwork with developers to implement a solid end to end solution.
- Education and Experience Required
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or other Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent.
- Typically 3+ years' experience the development of reporting and analytical solutions that include data design/modelling, ETL technologies and reporting/BI technologies.
- Experience in developing BI solutions using MS SQL Server, SSAS (SQL Server Analysis Services) and SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Service).
- Experience in designing Reports and Dash Boards using Power BI.
- Experience in Transformation development skills will be required (ETL/SQL) as a means to enable high performance data movement and transformation.
- Additional skills that will be considered a plus
- QlikView, fetchXML, Visual Studio, Vertica.
- Project Management.
- Knowledge and Skills
- Skilled at gathering and analyzing user, process and data requirements.
- Experience and understanding of different data modeling techniques (Entity relationship diagrams, Master Data Management, Fact/Dimensions, OLAP...).
- Identify and initiate improvements in current and future QlikView/PowerBI dashboards.
- Familiar/Experience/ Comprehensive knowledge of different ETL techniques.
- Familiar with different database technologies: Relational databases: (i.e. MS SQL Server, HP Vertica).
- Awareness of Big Data Solutions like Vertica, Hadoop.
- Awareness of BI Visualization tools (ie: Tableau, Business Objects, QlikView).
- Analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Project management and development life cycle skills. Experience with Agile methodology is a plus.
- Presentation, collaboration, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a leading company in its sector, growing nationally and internationally, where you can participate in different projects that allow you to continue your professional growing.
- Join a young high performance specialized team.
- Projects in line with your career goals
- Ambitious training plan.
- Flexible remuneration plan: Pay system that allows workers to distribute their salary reception: A part of the salary in CASH. Another part in PRODUCTS AND SERVICES (medical insurance, restaurant card, transport card, ticket nursery school).
- Territory: Sant Cugat del Vallès (Barcelona).