BETWEEN TECHNOLOGY are looking for an experienced Engineer Software to work in a company where the main responsibilities of this role will include technical leadership, design, implementation and unit testing for various products of the firm.
Responsibilities & Key Competencies:
- Full lifecycle application development
- Understand the steps/phases in software development
- Requirements gathering
- Be able to understand customer needs and describe them in the correct structures.
- Design, code and debug
- Be able to design a solution for a previously analyzed problem.
- Be able to understand the debugging capabilities of a software environment, and perform the debugging to better understand a given issue with the software.
- Object-oriented Analysis and Design (OOA and OOD)
- Have a good understanding of object oriented analysis and object oriented design principles
- and be able to implement (code) the solution in a given development language (Java, C# ...)
- Data modeling
- Be able to set up or review data model structures. Understand performance considerations and balance between flexibility and performance.
- Multi layer business application development
- Understand the typical structure of modern applications. Development of business services, query services, UI components and reports.
- Service oriented architecture
- Understand the characteristics of service oriented architectures. Be able to design, develop and use services throughout an application suite. Have a proper understanding of the technologies used for this like web services.
- UI client knowledge
- Understand how current UI technologies are provided for business applications. Knowledge about web technologies (HTM,...), modern desktop technologies (like .Net Winforms and Silverlight) and mobile devices is an asset.
- Quality Assurance
- Perform some testing tasks using QAD tools and processes.
- Well organized.
- Displays initiative.
- Timeliness in completing tasks.
- Accuracy and completeness of work.
- Strong team involvement.
- Excellent organization & communication skills.
- Shows ownership of assigned tasks.
- Bachelor's degree in business, Telecommunications engineering, software engineering or computer science or equivalent work experience.
- Fluent spoken and written English
Additional qualifications include:
- Model View Controller Implementation
- SCRUM (or other Agile techniques)
- Mobile devices technology
- Progress programming language
- TestComplete, Jira, TestLink