An International company is looking for a Senior Java Developer (The Netherlands) to finalize the design, implement, unit test and debug new and existing application features. The job requires a person who is motivated to learn about the business, delivery oriented and technically proficient.
Primary Duties and responsabilities:
5 years of Java based web technology (Spring, Struts, Angular) and the Agile software development process.
- Designs, codes, tests, debugs and documents programs based on technical configurations developed by analysts and project teams.
- Estimates and tracks time required to complete work, for project budgeting and financial tracking.
- Develops program designs to meet technical configurations, ensuring that resulting systems will operate efficiently and reliably. Understands business function supported by the application to encompass within design framework. Ensures design integrates with other related systems.
- Codes programs using various programming languages as appropriate.
- Tests and debugs programs to finalize and ensure smooth operation.
- Documents program design, coding and other details to guide others in application development, use and maintenance.
- Supports, updates and maintains existing systems in response to business needs, system problems or other factors. Coordinates with project teams to design, code, test and document system changes.
- Coordinates with project team members to define application requirements. Identifies business needs, assesses available technologies and develops and presents solutions.
- Provides high level of customer service, partners with end users in the resolution of problems or in deployment of new applications.
- May design system architectures.
- Performs other duties as required.
Required Skills and abilities:
- Education: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experienced with hosted application development.
- Ability to leverage technology background and understanding of latest technologies to apply to development work.
- Understanding of procedural and object oriented design.
- Experience with Java,
- Familiarity with AGILE applications development process.
- General business knowledge required.
- Excellent problem solving skills required.
- Excellent customer service and business relationship-building skills required.
- Project management skills required.
- Ability to work independently and in teams.
- Fluency in the English language.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, including ability to translate technical subject matter to non-technical audiences (both as a speaker and listener).
- Extensive sitting, phone and computer use.
- Some travel may be required.