Do you live in a digital world?
Can you say that Software development is your hobby?
Would you like to work in Barcelona for a popular American company leader in cloud technology?
If yes, SELLBYTEL is your answer!
SELLBYTEL is a young and dynamic international company providing service to the top 10 companies belonging to the IT and social networking world.
We are based in the heart of Barcelona with more than2000 employees from all over the world. On top of that, we offer an attractive environment with a great team spirit. We are looking for new talent and new potential to join our growing, multicultural company.
We are looking for a Technical Support Engineer to provide technical support for the Google Cloud Platform.
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and evolve their business through the use of Google's global data center and software products. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will help shape the future of how technology is used in the workplace.
As a Technical Support Engineer for the Google Cloud Platform, you will provide outstanding support for cutting edge products, solutions and APIs, including Google App Engine, Compute Engine and Storage.
You will work as the first point of contact (via phone, email, web-based support portal) role as part of a 24x7 global team and provide in-depth technical assistance and advice to developers and system architects.
You will also work closely with higher tier to improve the product's vision and to make the Google Cloud Platform and its customers successful. This position is responsible for exceeding established SLAs, providing worldclass customer service and technical support and managing service requests through ticketing system.
- Provide in-depth developer and technical support and resolve customer cases and incidents for the Google Cloud Platform products in first tier support function as part of a 24x7 global team.
- Ensure the technical support delivery quality meets and exceeds our customer satisfaction targets
- Leverage all available documentation, best practices, knowledgebase articles and other vehicles to assist in driving tickets to resolution.
- Initiate and follow defined escalation processes when so is needed.
- Create draft knowledgebase articles from closed tickets when appropriate.
- Work on improving existing and authoring new Google Cloud Platform documentation, code samples, best practices, and FAQs.
- Help the developer community thrive by monitoring discussion groups and attending live community events.
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently and idiomatically.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Understanding of Unix/Linux or Windows systems from kernel to shell and beyond, taking in system libraries, file systems and clientserver protocols along the way.
- Preferred qualifications:
- Hand-son experience with Cloud technology solutions and/or running and supporting large complex systems at scale.
- Networking: knowledge and understanding of network theory, such as different protocols (TCP/IP, UDP, ICMP, etc), MAC addresses, IP packets, DNS, HTTP, OSI layers, and load balancing).
- Familiarity with applicationlevel data storage, retrieval and analysis tools and concepts, such as SQL, NoSQL, logs analysis, MapReduce.
- Systematic problem solving approach, coupled with a strong sense of ownership and drive.
What SELLBYTEL offers you?
- Competitive salary.
- Permanent contract.
- Ticket restaurant.
- Private health insurance.
- Specific training given by the client.
- Opportunity to travel.
- Internal Development Program.
- Possibility to grow within our company.
- Free Spanish/Catalan certified lessons.
- Assistance with your relocation to Barcelona (Help with your initial living cost).
- Territory: Barcelona