Cognizant Spain is looking for a Digital Application Developer to work in a project with one of the biggest clients in healthcare along with the rest of the team in UK. You will work within the IT Application Development team to bring new web and mobile capabilities to product suite.
We are looking for a highly motivated Digital Application Developer in Java supporting and developing number of mission critical digital applications. We are looking for someone who has worked in an internet facing application development environment and has excellent technical and interpersonal skills. The right candidate should be proactive, willing to learn new technologies, and have the ability to take responsibility for the execution of end to end applications development.
Main duties/responsibilities include:
- Develop applications using company standards
- Participate in various phases of the projects including analysis, technical design, coding, reviews, testing and documentation
- Translates Business Requirements into technical design specifications.
- Participate in applications security review
- Utilize design methodologies, object-oriented design and design patterns
- Work with other teams throughout the company to determine feasibility, business and functional requirements, and technical designs on assigned projects
- Provide ongoing support, maintenance and enhancement of systems
- Provide support and guidance to junior members of the team
- Interfacing in a professional manner with internal and external users, at all levels
- Using own initiative to continually identify areas of service improvement
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related discipline, ideally 5+ years, solid hands-on web and service tier development experience in Java, J2EE technologies
- Strong knowledge of Spring, Spring Security, and Hibernate frameworks
- Good knowledge of Web-services (SOAP & Rest)
- Understanding of SQL database design and development, preferably with MS SQL Server
- Experience in Unit testing (ideally using JUnit and Mockito).
- Exposure to MV* frameworks such as Angular.js or Tapestry will be beneficial
- Working knowledge of DevOps tools such as Vagrant, Docker will be beneficial
- Exposure to .Net technology will be beneficial, not essential
- Working knowledge of cross browser development practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Spanish
- Ability to work well independently or within a team, especially cross-functional teams