If you are an experienced Java developer who likes to work in an environment where things move quickly and performance is of great importance, then our client is the place for you!
As a Java developer, you'll have a great opportunity to build the systems we need as we don't depend heavily on external frameworks. You'll be involved in making the architectural decisions which will ensure that every server can handle more load, as well as ensuring that your code is of the highest quality. We offer you the chance to work in an agile environment where frequent, fast-paced releases mean you'll see the impact of your work almost immediately.
You will among other things...
- Design and implement server features required to support new game and platform functionality and releases.
- Secure the performance, reliability, scalability and security of a game.
- Deliver code (and supporting documentation) of the highest quality through good design, attention to detail and system testing on a timely basis.
Skills to create thrills:
- You have great passion for programming and a solid sense of quality and polish. As a developer you are also analytical and genuinely interested in understanding the whole tech stack. Other skills include:
- Scalability: Experience in designing robust, highly scalable systems.
- Able to architect & design components, features and systems.
- Very experienced in Java, databases and web development in general.
- No stranger to web protocols, application servers and web servers.
- Striving to be a genius in your area of expertise.
- Used to TDD, UNIX environments, Subversion.
- A team player who likes to discuss solutions and ideas.
- Able to translate business needs to technical requirements and implementation.
- Motivated by challenges and new opportunities.
- Fluent in English.
- Tasty bonus skills:
- Experience in working on a project for high scalability sites.
- C++ skills.