Currently we select a OS/400 Systems engineer to work.
- Plans, develops, implements and maintains the overall integration of the computing platform.
- Assesses and optimizes system performance and system capacity.
- Provides 2nd level of support and leads troubleshooting and/or problem.
- Investigates and evaluates timing and implementation of next versions for existing operating systems, system software, firmware, hardware, and tools.
- Designs and develops specialized automation tools, scripts, and processes for the administration and performance monitoring of system hardware and/or software.
- Participates in creating local system engineering standards and best practices.
- Participates with Operations Analyst to develop support guidelines and procedure
- Excellent Programming Skills (CL, COBOL and OS400 APIs)
- OS400 and OS400 Licence Programs Upgrade and Patching
- TCP/IP Configuration
- Management of SSL Certificates
- Development of RunBooks
- Knowledge of the following areas is desirable:
- Installation and upgrade of Robot Scheduler, PSSecure, PKZIP
- Management, Configuration and patching of HMC, Power Systems and
- Associated hardware (TS3500, DS8100, NAS Switches)
- Software Lifecycle Management (MKS)
- Java Programming
- Responsible for highly complex technical solutions.
- Relationship management:
- Vendor collaboration is required for technical support and issues.
- Extensive interaction and collaboration with IT professionals such as Operations, Security & Control, Application Developers and Architects.
- Interacts with management to present technical subjects.
- Customer interaction for problem resolution and escalated issues is typically required.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in a relevant field.
- Good level of English to manage written and phone communications.
- Professional certification specific to the AS400 environment is required.
- 3 or more years of working experience in the scope of the System Programmer and Engineering functions.